Yaguang Zhu is now an Associate Professor of Chang’an University, China. He obtained Ph.D. in mechatronic engineering at Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China in 2014. His research interests include legged robots, bio-inspired control, robot navigation, machine vision, embedded system and electro-hydraulic control system.
He has been PI of 13 different projects on legged robot and control systems, and participated in 12 other projects. He published over 30 articles and got 18 patents in legged robot and control. He is selected as " Young Scholar of Chang An " at Chang' an University in 2018. He is founder and head of Biomimetics & Collaborative Robotics Lab and is also the Co-PI of Advanced Control and Robotics Institute, Chang’an University, China.
1. Synchronization of Non-linear Oscillators for Neurobiologically Inspired Control on a Bionic Parallel Waist of Legged Robot[J]. Frontiers of Neurorobot. 2019. 13(59).
2. SURF-BRISK–Based Image Infilling Method for Terrain Classification of a Legged Robot[J]. Applied Sciences. 2019; 9(9):1779.
3. A Robotic Deburring Methodology for Tool Path Planning and Process Parameter Control of a Five-Degree-of-Freedom Robot Manipulator[J]. Applied Sciences. 2019; 9(10): 2033.
4. Superpixel Segmentation Based Synthetic Classifications with Clear Boundary Information for a Legged Robot[J]. Sensors. 2018; 18(9):2808.
5. A backward control based on σ-Hopf oscillator with decoupled parameters for smooth locomotion of bio-inspired legged robot[J]. Robotics and Autonomous Systems. 108C:125-135, 2018.
6. Omnidirectional Jump of a Legged Robot Based on the Behavior Mechanism of a Jumping Spider[J]. Applied Sciences. 8(1):51, 2018.
7. Turning and Radius Deviation Correction for a Hexapod Walking Robot Based on an Ant-Inspired Sensory Strategy[J]. Sensors, 17(12): 2710, 2017.
8. A Study of Arbitrary Gait Pattern Generation for Turning of a Bio-inspired Hexapod Robot [J]. Robotics and Autonomous Systems. 97C: 125-135, 2017.
9. Trajectory Correction and Locomotion Analysis of a Hexapod Walking Robot with Semi-Round Rigid Feet [J].Sensors. 16(9):1392, 2016.
10. Compliance control of a legged robot based on improved adaptive control: method and experiments [J]. International Journal of Robotics and Automation. 31(5): 366-373, 2016.
11. Analysis and modeling of a proportional directional valve with nonlinear solenoid [J] Journal of the Brazilian Society of Mechanical and Engineering. 38(2):507–514, 2016.
12. Leg compliance control of a hexapod robot based on improved adaptive control in different environments [J] Journal of Central South University. 22(3): 904-913, 2015.
13. Optimal design of a hexapod walking robot based on energy consumption and workspace [J] Transactions of the Canadian Society for Mechanical Engineering. 38(3): 305-317, 2014.
14. A differential control method for the proportional directional valve [J] Journal of Zhejiang University-SCIENCE C (Computers & Electronics). 15(10): 892-902, 2014.
15. A quality evaluation model of reuse parts and its management system development for end-of-life wheel loaders [J]. Journal of Cleaner Production, 35:239-249, 2012.
16. Trajectory Planning for Periodic Operation of Autonomous Excavating Robot Based on Time-Jerk Synthetic Optimum[C]. 2018 3rd International Conference on Automation, Control and Robotics Engineering , Materials Science and Engineering. 428-435, 2018.
17. A Simple Outdoor Environment Obstacle Detection Method Based on Information Fusion of Depth and Infrared [J], Journal of Robotics, vol. 2016, ID 2379685.
18. Galloping Trajectory Generation of a Legged Transport Robot Based on Energy Consumption Optimization [J], Journal of Robotics, vol. 2016, ID 9645730.
19. Optimal design of a hexapod robot leg structure based on target workspace [J] Journal of Zhejiang University (Engineering Science), 48(5): 770-776, 2014.
20. Leg compliance control of hexapod robot based on adaptive-fuzzy control [J] Journal of Zhejiang University (Engineering Science), 48 (8): 1419-1427, 2014.
21. A Defect Detection Algorithm for Bamboo Wood Based on Wavelet Decomposition and Clustering Analysis [J]. Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience, 2016. 13(2):1376-1382.
22. The master manipulator control system in a master-slave robot based on trinocular stereo vision[J] International Journal of Control and Automation, 9(4), 367-380, 2016.
23. PID Parameters Tuning of Proportional Directional Valve Based on Multiple Orthogonal Experiments Method: Method and Experiments [C] 2013 2nd International Conference on Manufacturing Engineering and Process, ICMEP 2013, 1166-1169, Vancouver, BC, Canada, 2013.
24. Development and test of leg compliant control platform system forfoot type transport robot based on ARM [J]. Journal of Machine Design, 2016, 7.
25. Metal band sawing machine control system based on ARM and CPLD [J]. Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Magazine, 2015, 32(12): 1616-1619.
Ph.D in Mechatronic Engineering 2010.9-2014.7 College of Mechanical Engineering, Zhejiang University
Master in Mechatronic Engineering 2009.9-2010.7 College of Mechanical Engineering, Zhejiang University
Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering 2005.9-2009.7 College of Mechanical Engineering, Shandong University
Editorial boards of International Journal of Robotic Engineering.
IEEE Member, International Society of Bionic Engineering Member, Chinese Association of Automation Member.