Manipal Academy of Higher Education
Dr.B.Shivamurthy compleated PhD from National Institute of Technology Karnataka in the field of Materials Engineering and presently working as an associate professor in the Department of Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering at MAHE, India. He published research articles in tribology of polymer, Nanopolymer composites and natural fibre reinforced polymer composites. He also worked in Indian polymer industries about 10 years in addition to 20 years of teaching and research. His area of interest, nanocomposites and applications, EMI shielding material and High-velocity impact resistant material and biopolymers.
1. Shivamurthy B, Udaya Bhat, K., & Anandhan, S. (2013). Mechanical and sliding wear properties of multi-layered laminates from glass fabric/graphite/epoxy composites. Materials and Design, 44. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matdes.2012.07.059
2. Shivamurthy B, Siddaramaiah, & Prabhuswamy, M. S. (2010). Design, fabrication, and testing of epoxy/ glass-reinforced pressure vessel for high-pressure gas storage. Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites, 29(15). https://doi.org/10.1177/0731684409351169
3. Shivamurthy B, Murthy, K., Joseph, P. C., Rishi, K., Bhat, K. U., & Anandhan, S. (2014). Mechanical properties and sliding wear behavior of jatropha seed cake waste/epoxy composites. Journal of Material Cycles and Waste Management, 17(1). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10163-014-0235-0
4. Shivamurthy B, George, G., Bhat, K. U., & Anandhan, S. (2014). Influence of nano-aluminum-hydroxide on tribological, mechanical and flammability properties of E-glass fabric/epoxy multi-layered laminates. KGK Kautschuk Gummi Kunststoffe, 67(6).
5. Mohan, N., Mahesha, C. R., Shivarudraiah, Mathivanan, N. R., & Shivamurthy B. (2013). Dry sliding wear behavior of Ta/NbC filled glass-epoxy composites at elevated temperatures. In Procedia Engineering (Vol. 64). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2013.09.195
6. Shivamurthy B, Thimmappa, B. H. S., & Monteiro, J. (2018). Sliding wear, mechanical, flammability, and water intake properties of banana short fiber/Al(OH)3/epoxy composites. Journal of Natural Fibers. https://doi.org/10.1080/15440478.2018.1492489
7. Umashankar, K. S., Gangadharan, K. V., Desai, V., & Shivamurthy B. (2011). Machining characteristics of nanocomposites. Advanced Materials Letters, 2(3). https://doi.org/10.5185/amlett.2011.1209
8. Shivamurthy B, Anandhan, S., & Udaya Bhat, K. (2015). Sliding wear and mechanical properties of alumina/glass fabric/epoxy composites. KGK Kautschuk Gummi Kunststoffe, 68(9).
9. Sachidananda, H. K., Raghunandana, K., & Shivamurthy B. (2018). Power loss analysis in altered tooth-sum spur gearing. In MATEC Web of Conferences (Vol. 144). https://doi.org/10.1051/matecconf/201714401015
10. Shivamurthy B., Krishnamurthy, & Sachidanada, H. K. (2018). Case study on water based cellulose couplant in contact type ultrasonic testing. In MATEC Web of Conferences (Vol. 144). https://doi.org/10.1051/matecconf/201714402016
11. Shivamurthy B., Murthy, K., & Anandhan, S. (2018). Tribology and Mechanical Properties of Carbon Fabric/MWCNT/Epoxy Composites. Advances in Tribology, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/1508145
12. Shivamurthy B.; Anandhan, S.; Bhat, K. Udaya (2013). Epoxy/Glass-Fabric/Silica Hybrid Composites: Mechanical Properties and Wear Behavior. Advanced Science, Engineering and Medicine, American Scientific Publishers, 2013,5(8),835-840(6).DOI: https://doi.org/10.1166/asem.2013.1360
13. Shivamurthy B., Thimmappa, B. H. S Rohan Purushothama & G.K.V.D. Datta Sai (2018). Electrical Conductivity and Mechanical Properties of Dendritic Copper Particulate Polymer Films. Transactions on Electrical and Electronic Materials, 2018. DOI :10.1007/s42341-018-00085-4.
14. Jagadeesh Chandra R B1, Shivamurthy B, Suresh D Kulkarni & M Sathish Kumar (2018). Hybrid Polymer Composites for EMI Shielding application- A Review. Material Research Express. https://doi.org/10.1088/2053-1591/aaff00
15. Shivamurthy B, Deepak Doreswamy, H.C.Shiva prasad & Joseph Nishanth, Physical and tribo-mechanical properties of waste rubber tyre/epoxy composites. Material Research Express. https://doi.org/10.1088/2053-1591/ab09ba
16. Naik, Nithesh and Samanth, Rashmi and Shenoy, Prajwal and Shivamurthy, B and Vishnuvardhan, . (2019) Computational analysis of the effect of diffuser and swirl inducers on the performance of ocean current turbine. International Journal of Mechanical and Production, 9 (2). pp. 656-662. ISSN 2249-6890
17. Shivamurthy B., Udaya Bhat, K., & Anandhan, S. Structure-property relationship of glass fabric/MWCNT/epoxy multilayered laminates, KGK Kautschuk Gummi Kunststoffe. (Under revision)
18. Preethi.M, Vijay G S, Raghavendra Kamath C & Shivamurthy B, Low-temperature machining of elastomer -A review communicated to Journal Material Processing Technology. (Under Revision)
B.E M.Sc.Engineering by Research PhD
Nanocomposites bio composites Emi shielding materials High-velocity impact resistant material
HONORS AND AWARDS
Working as Associate professor at MIT manipal, India